Read Hebrews 4:14-16 In the Old Testament the one chosen to mediate between the people and God was the high priest. He made the sacrifices for the sin of the people and presented their case before God. Jesus made the ultimate sacrifice and through His blood we can approach the throne of grace. It is not always easy, but His strength is made perfect in our weakness.
- Ask God for the boldness to take the step forward.
- Ask Him to make you confident in the truth that His blood is more than enough.
Prayer & Fasting Guide
21 Days To Seek His Face
Liberty Church began in 1984 when Pastor Bob sought the Lord in prayer and fasting in regard to a new church in Cleveland. After ten days of water only, he sensed the Lord’s guidance. Our Pastors are serious about receiving all the wisdom and knowledge from God that we need today.
Prayer: Read Psalm 35 and allow the Lord to speak to your heart.
Types of Fasting:
- Classical fast is to abstain from all food, drinking only water. If one is doing it for one day, it is typical to go from sunup to sundown. Ask the Lord how long He would like you to do such a fast. Moses, Elijah and Jesus engaged in this fast. Pray Psalm 51 or 32 that you will be washed from all pride, lust, revenge, bitterness anger, covetousness, etc.
- Daniel Fast to gain understanding and direction from God. Read Daniel 10:1-3; and note his diet was free of meat, wine, pleasant food (deserts). He ate enough only for strength to perform his duties.
- Artifical entertainment fast: Shut out the movies, novels, concerts, surfing, Social media and favorite TV shows. The average adult watches four hours of television every day. Let’s give God equal time!
- Fast gossip: Let’s get rid of pointless cell-phone conversations, doubt – talk, and fearful thinking. We can waste hours in a meaningless conversation about others. Fast from saying anything negative or demeaning. Read Phil 4:8 We encourage you to keep a journal of your thoughts during this time.