Read Romans 12:2. It is our choice to refuse the temptation of conforming to the ways of the world around us. Hopefully, you are learning to test and approve the things God approves.
- Pray for the Lord to renew your mind to His ways.
- Pray a circle of protection around your family.
- Ask the Lord to send His angels to camp around you and yours.
- Write down how you will make time for Him after the fast is completed.
- Are you willing to keep your focus on God and His word?
Prayer & Fasting Guide
21 Days To Seek His Face
Liberty Church began in 1984 when Pastor Bob sought the Lord in prayer and fasting in regard to a new church in Cleveland. After ten days of water only, he sensed the Lord’s guidance. Our Pastors are serious about receiving all the wisdom and knowledge from God that we need today.
Prayer: Read Psalm 35 and allow the Lord to speak to your heart.
Types of Fasting:
- Classical fast is to abstain from all food, drinking only water. If one is doing it for one day, it is typical to go from sunup to sundown. Ask the Lord how long He would like you to do such a fast. Moses, Elijah and Jesus engaged in this fast. Pray Psalm 51 or 32 that you will be washed from all pride, lust, revenge, bitterness anger, covetousness, etc.
- Daniel Fast to gain understanding and direction from God. Read Daniel 10:1-3; and note his diet was free of meat, wine, pleasant food (deserts). He ate enough only for strength to perform his duties.
- Artifical entertainment fast: Shut out the movies, novels, concerts, surfing, Social media and favorite TV shows. The average adult watches four hours of television every day. Let’s give God equal time!
- Fast gossip: Let’s get rid of pointless cell-phone conversations, doubt – talk, and fearful thinking. We can waste hours in a meaningless conversation about others. Fast from saying anything negative or demeaning. Read Phil 4:8 We encourage you to keep a journal of your thoughts during this time.