Acts 1:14a “All these were constantly devoting themselves to prayer.” Did you know there is a prayer room at our church? It is open before service for prayer, located at the right of the platform. Will you consider spending a few minutes in prayer before service?
We encourage others by joining our faith and prayers with others.
- Today, I choose to be sensitive to what God is doing in my church.
- As my time ends for the corporate fast, I pray for God to increase our love, unity and many to come to know the Lord. Pray for increase.
Prayer & Fasting Guide
21 Days To Seek His Face
Liberty Church began in 1984 when Pastor Bob sought the Lord in prayer and fasting in regard to a new church in Cleveland. After ten days of water only, he sensed the Lord’s guidance. Our Pastors are serious about receiving all the wisdom and knowledge from God that we need today.
Prayer: Read Psalm 35 and allow the Lord to speak to your heart.
Types of Fasting:
- Classical fast is to abstain from all food, drinking only water. If one is doing it for one day, it is typical to go from sunup to sundown. Ask the Lord how long He would like you to do such a fast. Moses, Elijah and Jesus engaged in this fast. Pray Psalm 51 or 32 that you will be washed from all pride, lust, revenge, bitterness anger, covetousness, etc.
- Daniel Fast to gain understanding and direction from God. Read Daniel 10:1-3; and note his diet was free of meat, wine, pleasant food (deserts). He ate enough only for strength to perform his duties.
- Artifical entertainment fast: Shut out the movies, novels, concerts, surfing, Social media and favorite TV shows. The average adult watches four hours of television every day. Let’s give God equal time!
- Fast gossip: Let’s get rid of pointless cell-phone conversations, doubt – talk, and fearful thinking. We can waste hours in a meaningless conversation about others. Fast from saying anything negative or demeaning. Read Phil 4:8 We encourage you to keep a journal of your thoughts during this time.